Wednesday 27 January 2016


13. Yo bitches. It’s me – Molly Mushroom. How the bloody hell are you? I have a new strategy in life that I have only just started and it is this. I have three things that I ask myself in the morning and by the end of the day I answer them. I call it Molly’s Power of Three. They consist of:

1.What I found funny?

2.What I found inspirational?

3.What I learnt?

I then write them down in a queer little book my Great Aunt Brenda gave me and keep it tucked away in my knicker drawer as I know that is the only place my tramp of a sister, Morag, daren’t go. One day I think I will publish them as some of the things I get to see and hear would make a whore blush.
 
Last night I had the misfortune of meeting Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory at the annual Clap Clinic award ceremony where my friend, Germalina the Germ, won best spreader.This man is a  filthy toad, an imposter and resembles none of the  characteristics of the man you see on the programme. He is a complete fiend and one that I do not want to encounter again. He battered his eyelashes at me, flashed his bottom and then did the aeroplane. He then practically assaulted me while trying to get a photograph  which I reluctantly  took part in. If you look below I think you can tell that I was not happy.
 
 
 
I only received one email this week from a wonderful and brave young man so without further a poo…

Dear Molly Mushroom, please help. I am a young heterosexual man. I have noticed that over the past year I have developed a problem with eating. I am obsessed with my weight and constantly weighing myself worrying whether I have put any on. I have found myself purging at least twice a day getting rid of food that I have gorged myself on. I am aware that I have some kind of problem but find it difficult to accept it. I am writing this in a somewhat numb state of mind because I do not want to acknowledge it but know something needs to be done. I am obsessed with being able to get my fist under my ribs and feeling my collar bone to see how bony it is. Please help, Anon 19 years old.

 Dear Anon, thank you so much for contacting me and opening up about an issue that you find difficult to acknowledge. It can be very difficult for a young man to accept that he has an eating disorder and even more difficult to tell anyone. However, with drastic and quick weight loss your nearest and dearest may start to suspect there may be a problem.

What you are telling me is that you consider yourself to have an eating disorder and from what you have said it sounds like bulimia. By contacting me and opening up about your fears you have begun the process of working through it, so well done.

Bulimia nervosa can be life-threatening disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of binge eating followed by self-induced vomiting or other purging methods. These include laxatives, excessive exercise and fasting to prevent weight gain. It sounds to me that you are intensely afraid of gaining weight and dissatisfied with your body and appearance. This is a very delicate matter and I do not want to say that you do have bulimia, however I may suggest that you need to be very careful becoming so obsessed with losing weight and purging. The behaviour you are displaying to me suggests that you should contact your GP and explain the situation.

You may find that CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) is beneficial and is the most widely used model of practice for people with eating disorders. This can also support you with your obsessional behaviour and how to deal with situations you find difficult.

 

Above I stated that bulimia is a life threatening condition. People who suffer with bulimia find that they suffer with these side-effects from purging/making themselves sick. They include teeth becoming soft and crumbly due to the stomach acid wearing away the enamel, problems with the esophagus (the tube which connects the mouth to the stomach) bad breath, hair loss, irregular heartbeat, constipation, fatigue and osteoporosis amongst many other problems associated with bulimia. What you are doing is denying your body of essential nutrients. It is easy for someone to say to the abuser the harm they are doing to their body but very different for the self-harmer to

Bulimia can be a way of control when other things in your life are going wayward. Is this happening to you? Can you find a pattern to your purging. Are there specific times or occasions when you are sick? Is there a feeling of power you get after doing it? If this is so then it could be a way for you to take control over your life where other parts of you feel powerless? Do you suffer with low self-esteem or have comments been made to you by important persons in your life when you were younger influencing your mental state of mind?

I do recommend you find someone to talk to about this issue as it can become incredibly dangerous even ending in death.

Here are some websites below who you can contact. I wish you all the best and hope that you seek help. Love Molly X


No comments:

Post a Comment