Wednesday 10 February 2016

Molly's Beauty Tips.


15.

 
 
Good day to you fine people and welcome to Molly Mushroom’s Ask Molly Mushroom. I am dedicating this week’s post to fashion and beauty. I get a lot of emails asking about where I buy my dresses and get my hair done so I thought I would share it with you. I have already posted my beauty regime on an earlier blog but have now decided to explain how to look great like I do. It is not so easy as I make it look so with a few Molly tricks of the trade and help from my stylists and hair technician you can look as good as me.  I will give you the information and how to transform even the plainest of people.

Water, water and more water plus sleep and laughter are my tricks of the trade so let’s get on with some of your questions

One of the things I am most likely to be asked is how should one apply false eyelashes. If I had a penny for every time I was asked that I would be one rich spore. The trick is to use either fresh false eyelashes or old ones that are thoroughly clean. My old gran used to leave hers overnight in a glass with her false teeth. Nowadays there are easier solutions to use such as toilet bleach or by putting them in a freezer overnight. If you do not have any false eyelashes and you are wanting to dazzle, dare I recommend twigs as a substitute? Controversial I know but they really do work. Simply cut the twig to size, get some super glue and stick it to your upper and lower lids.

Top tip: If you find it tricky applying false eyelashes simply place them curl facing down on your dressing table, apply glue to the edges, open your eyes as wide as you can and lower you face onto them. This is great if you are in a rush or don’t have hands.

Dear Molly Mushroom. I am a very plain girl with slightly rancid eyes and a pot belly. I was wondering if you have any tricks to open my eyes up and to apply my make up properly. Thank you, Jenny.

Hi Jenny, I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to apply makeup so that you do not look the way you do. Please see below with my plain model, Katie.

I hope it helps.

What you can see here is that I swept the blusher over the cheekbones and applied a dark brown to enhance the pallor of the skin tone. This is great for both the daytime and evening wear and you can always apply more! I subtly enhanced the eyebrows to give shape to Katie’s rather unfortunate face and blended in so they give a natural effect. We did not have any false eyelashes to hand so what I cleverly used instead was an eyeliner pen. If you look closely you can just about see that I have cleverly drawn them on. For the mouth I used PVA glue and orange poster paint which I carefully applied around the lips to give a fuller look. Please take a look at the before and after photo's and see how I have turned a rather 'Plain Jane' into something a bit special.


 

       
                                                                                      






I do hope this helps, Jenny, and look forward to seeing an improvement soon. Molly X.







Hi Molly, How are you? Could you please help me with choosing an outfit for my son’s wedding in April. I am sixty three years old and forty nine stone. Thank you, Emily Bishop.

Dear Emily, Thank you for your photograph. I am pleased to say that your body resembles a cauliflower. In general what I think would look great on you would be some classic horizontal stripes in plum or lime green and a turban. Due to the size of your head, which is disproportionate to the rest of you, I suggest backcomb, backcomb, backcomb hair all the way leaving no clue that you have a pinhead. However, I do see that your hair is rather fine so a good wig or some straw should sort that out. Dress it up with a tiara or some tinsel, really go for it! You want to look your best for your son’s wedding so I have used Katie to model again in a fetching yet understated outfit in satin pink to give you some inspiration. I also found a wig in a joke shop that I backcombed, hair sprayed and set but if you have your own feel free to spruce it up any which way you like.
 
 
 
I personally added a brown band around the head which I think looks nice. For the dress itself I recommend some extra small tights to hold in your wobble and a new body underneath the dress for that wow factor. Does this help, Emily? I do hope the person going as you enjoys their day and brings you back some nibbles, with love Molly X.

No comments:

Post a Comment