Wednesday 24 February 2016







17. Dear all, Molly here. What a lovely bright day it is today here in sunny London. The sky is blue, the birds are singing and I am feeling light and airy.

Unfortunately I only have time for one response this week so I have included a fun and educational wordsearch for you to do if you get the urge. Let’s get on with it!

 
Dear Molly Mushroom, I am incredibly sad as I have just lost my cat who I had for nearly twenty years. My life feels empty and I have a numbness which does not seem to go. Basically I am an emotional wreck. I miss her so much. Please, do you have any advice? Yours, Alison.

 
Dear Alison, I am so sad to hear about your loss. You have lost a member of your family and what you are doing is grieving. Your cat has seen you through twenty years of your life and twenty years of hers. She has been with you from ups and downs and has supported you with cuddles and love. Some people believe that cats are distant and only need you to feed them. This is not the case. Most cats are incredibly loyal and sulk if their owners leave them for a while. (The people who abandon them and other animals are just scum!) Your cat has provided comfort and safety and deserves to missed as much as she is. However, I can feel that your heart has broken and this is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Have you tried speaking to someone who understands what you are going through? A friend who recognises the importance the relationship you and your cat had.

I will be honest with you and state that what you are feeling will take time to get over and there will always be a sadness that you have when you think back. However there will also be times when you look back and smile and remember her as a kitten, or scratching your favourite sofa, or bringing in the odd dead animal, or whacking you in the face when she wanted to be fed when you needed that well deserved lie in… the list goes on. What you must remember is that you will not feel so emotionally bereft forever.

There are millions of people who have had to see their pet grow from a littleun right until the very end where they have held their paw and seen them drift away. This can be and usually is incredibly traumatic.

Alison, if you feel that you cannot express your grief to someone close to you then you could go to your local vets and ask them if they have information on places that can help you with grief specially suited  with the loss of a pet.
I really do feel for you, Alison, and wish you lots of love, Molly X
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to add that I have come across people who do not favour animals or who simply do not understand the bond that can be formed between animal and human. If you are one of these people please try and consider the feelings others and not blurt out, ‘It’s only a dog/cat.’ Or ‘Just get another one.’ You may not have the ability to understand or empathise but there is no need to be an asshole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      WORDSEARCH (Both fun and educational!)
 
How many words can you find?
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment